Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Someone's Always Watching

2 Corinthians 6:20, "So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, 'Come back to God!'"

Have you ever been told that as Christians, someone is always watching? Growing up in church, I heard often how we need to be extremely careful how we act because non-believers will be watching us knowing that we're Christians and waiting for us to mess up.

Whether you know it or not, someone is watching you. They're watching how you act, what you say, and who you choose to be day in and day out.

At my job, most of the people I work with know that I'm a Christian. The funny thing is that I don't remember telling them that I am. Perhaps I mentioned church or something, but regardless, it doesn't take them long to start calling me "very religious".

I need to be extremely careful to represent Christ well.

When that customer comes through my line that is difficult to love, I have to remember that the way I react doesn't just affect the person in line. It also affects the people I see week after week who have come to know that I claim to be following Christ. We're told that we are Christ's ambassadors. The Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary defines ambassador as being, "the highest-ranking person who represents his or her own government while living in another country".

We know that the world is not our home, but right now, while living in a place that's not our home, we are representing Christ. We may be the only Jesus this world sees.

I'm not saying that we're never going to make mistakes. What I am saying is that what we choose to do truly matters.

Our life as Christians is like living in a goldfish bowl. We are on display for all to see. When people look at us, do they see Christ?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Being a Christian is like living in a goldfish bowl. Someone's always watching. Lord, I am supposed to represent You. We read in Your Word how we are Your ambassadors. Help me to represent You well in all that I do. In Jesus' Name.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment