Friday, August 14, 2015

New Season

Ecclesiastes 3:1 NLT, "For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven."

This post is a little different than my normal devotional posts. Life has been changing so much in the last few months for me, and I wanted to share a little bit of what God has been up to.

As I think back even to just March of this year, I'm reminded of how I felt like I was stuck and going nowhere in life. I felt like I was going to be in the same job forever and like I was never going to meet a godly man to share my life with. Things felt pretty stagnant and hopeless to say the least.

Well, a lot has changed since that time! "A lot" is not even an understatement.

I've shared with you a little bit about my answer to prayer: Nathan. He continues to be my miracle from God.


We have been enjoying this new journey God has us on!

We've got to go to weddings together.



We're becoming more and more a part of each others' families.



And Christ has been and continues to be the center of our relationship.


Nathan has started helping teach at one of the college groups we go to.



And the pregnancy center continues to be dear to my heart!



I'm not sure that I've shared this with you or not, but I've recently started a new job as well. The owners are Christians and God is showing me favor there. Turns out I'm working 35-40 hours a week.

Needless to say, I no longer feel stuck. Quite the contrary. I feel hope! My world is expanding, and I'm excited for this new season!

I love how easy it is to put all the pictures on this blog and make it look like I have my life all together. But that would not be an accurate description. Yes, all the changes have been a blessing, but there is a deeper story to be shared than just the fun pictures of weddings and church groups and beautiful necklaces that represent a godly relationship with Christ at the center.

This new season in addition to being a blessing has also been an adjustment period. Going from being single to being a couple and from working part time to working full time have been adjustments. Nathan and I, although totally in love, have also experienced what it's like to have to work through things together. We're trying to figure this thing called "us" out, and it's all new. We're both trying to find the healthy balance with our relationship with God, our relationship with each other, and our relationship with our families and friends and how all of these important relationships thrive in the midst of life's demands such as work and having only 24 hours in a day when we need double that amount of time and an extra pair of hands would help too.

He's had a possible career route on the back of his mind. I've had the fear of the unknown on the back of mine.

God's been teaching us to love deeper and more like Him... unchanging and unshakeable.

These are the nuggets God's been laying on my heart through the course of this new season.

First and foremost is Matthew 7:24-25 which is the theme verse of Nathan's and my relationship:

"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock."

Secondly, God has been laying on my heart the importance of balance:

"Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour." 1 Peter 5:8 AMP.

And in the last week or so, God has been laying on my heart the importance of not just spending time with people but investing time in those relationships.

So, there is a very brief summary of the "God's Girl Devotionals" author's life. I'm hoping to write more devotionals soon! I'll have a lot of new writing material to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment