Monday, October 31, 2011

Trusting God With Our Prayers

April 18, 2011
1 Kings 8:59 "And may these words that I have prayed in the presence of the Lord be before him constantly, day and night, so that the Lord our God may give justice to me and to his people Israel, according to each day's needs."

Recently I started something new. For a long time I would pray about things that were important to me over and over again. I'd think about the things, that I needed to see a miracle in, over and over again to the point that it stressed me out. I never truly learned how to cast my cares on the Lord because when I attempted it, I never left them at His feet. Within the past few weeks God taught me how to release them into His hands. I began writing down a list of things that bothered me that I had no control over but needed to see God's hand in. I'd think about that list from time to time, but I had peace in knowing God was taking care of it. As I go back to that list now, I see how God has fixed so many of those things I had written down. Either He changed the circumstances, or He changed my perspective. Just as Solomon prayed, though, "And may these words that I have prayed in the presence of the Lord be before him constantly, day and night, so that the Lord our God may give justice to me and to his people Israel, according to each day's needs." 1 Kings 8:59.

Dear  Lord,
You are ever faithful and an ever present help in  time of need. Thank You for caring about the things that I care about, but loving me enough to do what's best for me. Help me walk in Your truth today and stay on the straight and narrow. Guide my heart, thoughts, and actions, and I pray that every prayer I raise to You will be always before You and handled according to Your will. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment