Monday, April 30, 2012

Ask and Trust

2 Kings 3:18, "But this is only a simple thing for the Lord, for he will make you victorious over the army of Moab!"

Impossible! Nothing can fix this! It's just not going to work! Have you ever had these statements ring true to you? A marriage that is holding on by a thread; a loved one who seems like they'll never accept Jesus; a family crisis that seems like there's no pope left; or a desire that seems to have no way of being fulfilled... let me assure you that there is hope. For us, these things are impossible, "But this is only a simple thing for the Lord." (3:18a.) God is able to preform such great miracles in our lives if only we'd ask and trust. Sometimes the answer is no, though. When God says no, it's hard, but we have to trust that He knows what He's doing. In those times, remember to, "Be still and know that [God is] God." (Psalm 46:10a.)

Dear Lord,
  I face what seem to be impossible situations every day, especially recently, but I have seen proof that when I ask You to take care of every detail and trust You with it, the impossible becomes possible. Lord, sometimes Your answer is no, and I ask that in those times I'll be still and know that You are God (Psalm 46:10a.) Thank You for caring for me! In Jesus' Name I ask these things. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment