Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Knocking Off Some Rough Edges

Hebrews 12:6, "For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child."

Discipline... Not a word I'd describe as fun.

God's been disciplining me a little bit recently. Boy howdy, that is not something that is a fun process. He's been showing me multiple areas in my life where I have not arrived!

"What's He been showing me?" you ask.

For starters, He's been revealing to me that I need an attitude adjustment in many areas of my life. I need to have a change of heart when it comes to how I view my job and the people I encounter day in and day out who pass through my life there. He's been bringing to my attention my outlook on my life when it comes to relationships and just life in general.

I've been convicted about needing to be less self-centered. Can you say, "OUCH!"?

I've also been realizing that I need to prioritize my life a bit better and begin doing less things and doing them well rather than doing more things and doing none of them well.

Discipline. Chastising. Correction.

Those words describe where I'm at right now.

That's why I love Hebrews 12:6. Praise God He loves me. Lately, He seems to be really showing me He loves me by revealing to me many areas that He wants to change and grow me in.

One of the most exciting things to me about God chastising me is that I am much more humble now. When God takes the time to correct me, I begin realizing that I don't have it together nearly as much as I thought I did.

When God disciplines you, remember that He loves you.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Discipline is never fun initially, but in the end it is worth it. Thank You for loving me enough to not leave me where I'm at. Help me be all that You want me to be. Any area that You desire to grow me in, please take it over! Do whatever You know is best. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment