Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Power of Prayer; April 29, 2011

2 Kings 20:2-3, "When Hezekiah heard this, he turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 'Remember, O Lord, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.' Then he broke down and wept bitterly."

Hezekiah had just been told by the prophet Isaiah that he was going to die. Hezekiah prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly. God heard his prayer, saw his tears, and listened to his cry for help. He added fifteen years to Hezekiah's life. Sometimes we underestimate the power of prayer. It is the most powerful thing we have. God can handle any situation we come up against. Today, we should take whatever we face, good or bad, to God in prayer. Watch what He can do!

Dear Lord,
  There are so many situations I face day to day that would be so much better if I took them to You instead of trying to handle them on my own. I pray that You will be glorified in my life. I surrender to You. Thank You for being in my life! In Jesus' Name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment