Friday, September 27, 2013

For Such A Time As This

September 25, 2012

Esther 4:11 and 13-14, "'All the king's officials and even the people in the provinces know that anyone who appears before the king in his inner court without being invited is doomed to die unless the king holds out his gold scepter. And the king has not called for me to come to him for thirty days'... Mordecai sent this reply to Esther: 'Don't think for a moment that because you're in a palace you will escape when all other Jews are killed. If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this.'"

One of my favorite verses in the Bible: "...for such a time as this." Today in my Bible reading, the importance of timing really caught my eye. Chapter three begins with, "Some time later..." The selected time for the Jew's exile was a year later, and now Mordecai is stressing Esther being made queen, "...for such a time as this." Time is something all of us are given. The amount may be less depending on how long God has us here on earth, but every day, each individual has twenty-four hours that they get to decide what to do with. Some of us spend our time more wisely than others, though. Recently, timing has been brought to my attention more. I think back to a year ago when God was beginning to move me from being a little girl into a young woman. He began expanding  my life, but He made sure to do so in perfect timing. Had He blessed me with a car before giving me a job, I would've been grateful for the car, but I would've also had added stress due to not having enough income to take care of the responsibilities of having a car. God's allowed things to fall in a place to prepare me for such a time as this.

Sometimes in life, we have things happen in ways we don't like the timing. Our loved one seemed to have died too soon. Our long awaited prayer seems to be taking too long to get here. We want God to move at a different pace, but He says, "My child, perhaps I have you here for such a time as this."

In college, I've wondered why I'm supposed to be there. With my husband, I've wondered why God is having me wait so long for him to be in my life. These things I still don't understand, but I trust someday I'll be able to see how it was "for such a time as this." whatever that may be.

Maybe you too are in a place of waiting to get from one point to another. It's not wrong to want to get to the other side, but be careful not to miss this time because for such a time as this, where you're at is where God is allowing you to be today. Don't waste today's 24 hours.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I'm about to head down to Lancaster for college today. Lord, I'm not always aware of why I'm placed in some of the places I am, but I do know that You've strategically put me there. Help me remember that I'm there by You for such a time as this.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment